Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What happened to Fall?

Can you believe this??? Yesterday was October 13 and it snowed! Around 9:30 AM I'm sitting at my desk at work and I look out the window to see it blizzarding! It was really coming down... for about 1/2 an hour. Everything was covered in white. It was all gone by 11:00 AM, but wow! We went from 90° temps about 3 weeks ago straight to winter with 40° temps. Crazy. We've completely skipped fall and went straight from summer to winter. Wonder if the trees know that? The leaves were just starting to turn.

It has warmed up some today. It's probably around 50° or so, but the wind is blowing so the wind chill will make it somewhere around the mid 40's. It sure was gloomy looking this morning though. Yuck. The sun has come out this afternoon (along with the wind) and it "looks" more cheerful outside.

Rich finished tarping the hay stacks yesterday.......... just before it started snowing. So I think the farm is all hunkered down and ready for winter. The woodshed on the other hand is not. It's pretty empty. Gonna have to find wood somewhere! Baseboard heaters get too expensive to run all winter so the woodstove is usually roaring nicely. It keeps the main part of the house nice and toasty.... bedrooms get supplemented with baseboard heaters just before bedtime.

John is doing much better. He just has a cold now. Thank goodness. I was afraid I was gonna have to go live with him just to keep him from falling apart. Maybe a little bit for my reassurance too.

Tim is well into Football season with Rich coaching. This weekend is Homecoming....... hoping for a win! as always. Tim is going to the dance..... maybe slightly under protest. Boys don't ever seem to know the details of the evenings happenings. They've just been told they're going. I just want to take pictures. : )

Me, I'm still chugging along. Most days are the same......... work, home, supper, tv, bed........ repeat. Except for Friday nights and Monday nights when I go to the football games. Or when I have an ill child 2 hours away and I'm resigned to sitting and worrying my time away wondering if everything is ok or if I should just get in the car and go to him.

Time goes on, kids heal, games are won (hopefully), and moms survive to do it all another day.

No comments: