Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer is here........ I think.........

Hay is all down. Being raked as we speak. Looks like a good crop for first cut. We've had temps in the 80's for the last few days. Plus a little wind. Good hay drying weather. I know it's summer because I finally got my first sunburn of the year. Always unintentional...of course. We had a double header baseball game in The Dalles on Saturday. I knew I didn't want to get my legs or shoulders burned so I wore a t-shirt and capris............ flip-flops and had my hair braded. Duh......... I never even thought about my neck and the tops of my feet. YOWCH! Woke up with a headache and felt sick all day Sunday. I'm guessing a slight case of sun poisioning. Felt better about 6:00 last night. I did manage to get a bit of laundry done and made a pineapple upside down cake (Rich's favorite) for Father's Day. Barely saw him yesterday though. He was on a tractor most of the day cutting the rest of the hay. He did come in for a nap in the early afternoon and let John mow for a couple of hours. Tim and I stayed in the house most of the day. We watched movies on the HBO free weekend. Tim actually did do a bit of work outside. He changed the oil on his 4 wheeler and then took Rich's phone out to him in the field. Tim has hay fever really bad, go figure, and by the time he got back to the house, he was a mess. He recently got some medications to help with it though so he used it and was feeling better. John is working on a Demolition Derby car that he and some friends are putting in the derby on the 4th of July this year. He said they almost have it done. Guess I'll have to go this year. Life on the farm is just starting to get busy. We have the whole summer ahead of us. Hope the good weather stays around.

No comments: